Politicians kill the constitution Don't re elect anyone Politics in America

Friday, July 4, 2008

My Position On FISA


About Barack Obama
I posted my response again on Mr. Obama's site in my blog.



http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/blog/paulkruger



While I still believe Obama to be the best option for America now, I want him to clearly understand that he should consider, as his first priority, not only protecting the integrity of our Bill of Rights and Constitution, but the reversing of prior transgressions made by the Bush administration and restoring us to a fully functional Constitution.



He can start by stating publicly that he will NOT allow warrantless wire taps, FISA not-with-standing. That he will honor habeas corpus. That he will not condone torture and will hold accountable, anyone found to have used torture in the name of America.



I realize withdrawal from the mess we made in Iraq will not be as easy as it was for Bush to get us into that mess, but that must also be a priority. Someone said of Iraq, "We broke it...we bought it" That leaves us with a moral obligation to fix the damage we caused and apologize for Mr. Bush.



We have a bad reputation that needs polished before we can again hold our heads high. Obama can fix it if he will do so.
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost