Politicians kill the constitution Don't re elect anyone Politics in America

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Pot Saved My Life, Mr. President


I very much disagree with Obama on this issue. Keeping pot illegal is outright stupid. The so called "War on Drugs" is causing far more damage then the drugs would. Many judges and law enforcement people are starting to see the light and some have openly advocated for legalizing not just pot but cocain and heroin as well.



I recently wrote some articles on this very subject and am in the process of writing to representatives to support legalization. Like you I have never smoked...not even tobacco. But I believe that as adults with access to factual information, we should have a right to make our own decisions. Pot is not toxic and does not kill, unlike tobacco and alcohol, which are legal and more addictive. We kill ourselves at a far higher rate with fat filled foods than with all the drugs combined.



Legalization would not only be a good economic decision, it would reduce crime, empty a lot of expensive prison cells and divert enforcement money to education and public works.



You can read my articles here: http://www.joethevoter.org/economy/15-stupidcongress.html

Drop in and DIGG me !
About Barack Obama
Read the Article at HuffingtonPost